Benro - Interaction with the Company - a Compliment

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,017
Benro - Interaction with the Company - a Compliment

Greetings all. A couple of months ago I purchased a Benro TMA47AXL from a dealer down in Los Angeles (I'm up in Sacramento) which was the only place anywhere that had that tripod in stock at that time. I also purchased the Benro GD3WH 3-day geared head for the tripod. This was after an excellent exchange here on DPreview - great advice.

I'm a tripod newbie and finally, this week, I've had some time to learn how to use it by taking it out daily. When I got back home two days ago I noticed that two of the rubber screw-in thingees at the very bottom of the tripod legs that rest on the ground were missing. I have no idea when they fell off and even why they fell off.

So I looked up Benro online and discovered they had phone numbers for every department including parts and called the number expecting to get an answering machine. Nope! A very helpful person answered, never even asked if I bought the tripod from them directly, did I register the tripod when I got it, nothing - said he'd send me a new set that day and to expect them in few days free of charge.

Also, I've been looking at getting an L-plate for my D7200 to make it easy to switch the camera from portrait to landscape and vice-versa. So later the same day I went to the Benro site and found there was a number for tech support and, again I was shocked that a person answered. I explained that I was a tripod newbie and asked if the Arca compatible plates are all the same size and he said they were not and I might end up with an L-bracket that doesn't fit in the slot on the Benro tripod head. THEN he asked what brand I was looking at and I told him the most recommended ones seemed to be Kirk and Really Right Stuff and he said that those two were the two he most recommended as they always seem to fit on the Benro heads.

After all the times of calling so many different places where all you ever get is an answering machine telling you everyone is busy and then never getting a call-back this was really impressive.

Ken

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow