Re: Pentax 26mp APSC in the works

Historicity wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Historicity wrote:

DougOB wrote:

bob5050 wrote:

DougOB wrote:

5r82 wrote:

They better come with K-1 III with 50 Mpx in 2020. In crop mode this camera would give 33 Mpx and that is already more than 26 Mpx. So, Pentaxian having both full frame and APS-C lenses would be happy...

Except that I do want a camera that big and heavy...

But 5r82 still has a point. No one with a reasonable number of DA lenses and on the fence about 'moving up' is going to buy a FF camera that then gives them less resolution than they already have. A crop mode of > 24-26mpx might encourage more current APS-C owners to upsize.

Me, I'm still holding out for the K3.next.

I would say "might" is the operative word here. Have we every done a survey on why APS users have not moved to FF? cost? size? Or conversely what would make them move.

Doug

The word "move" might be a debatable word in what you've just said above. I am not alone in having added the K1 and then the upgrade to K1ii without having gotten rid of any [some got rid of "some" but not "all"] of my APS-C cameras or lenses. I initially wanted the K1 in order to make better use of the excellent quality film-era Pentax lenses. A 26MP Pentax APS-C camera appeals to me for its potential of making "better" use of Pentax LTD lenses.

Lawrence

You are right, "move" is a poor choice of words on my part. I would not toss my KP were I to get a K-1. "Buy into..." maybe? "Invest in..."?

A related example, this week a friend of mine with a K-5 and numerous DA lenses just bought (on sale) a Nikon D500 and AF-S 200-500 lens for sports and wildlife because for this use there wasn't a suitable (for him) Pentax equivalent. He is keeping all his Pentax gear for more day to day use.

Doug

Doug,

I did something very like your friend did. I bought a Nikon D500 on sale intending to use it for birding. But birds in my region, other than crows and hawks are not easy to spot while hiking and so I never got very far with D500 birding. But after reading a lot on forums and in reviews about Nikon I did acquire a lot more of it. And, just like your friend, I intend to keep all my Pentax gear. I wouldn't use the expression "for more day to day use.". . I'm retired and take photographs mostly on hikes.

Lawrence

Actually my friend (boardhead62) said that his new Nikon kit (only lens 200-500) would not be his walk around kit.  This is why...

We all have different use cases...

Doug

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow