32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

Started Jun 17, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP Katonda Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: 32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

Just a little update to my initial summary, with some new information and corrections:

All four monitors come with 3 year warranties according to their manufacturers' websites. All four have HDMI 2.0, supporting 60hz at 4K.

Here are some places where you can compare most of the specs side by side (although some aren't entirely accurate):

Tweakers (NL)

BHPhotoVideo (ENG)

DisplaySpecifications (ENG)

Prad (DE)

And for the Dell and LG compared on RTINGS (ENG)

Katonda wrote:

Here they are in increasing order of price (German Amazon prices, Q2 2019):

• BenQ PD3200U
  • HP Z32
  • LG 32UD99
  • Dell U3219Q

In addition, here is how they rank in terms of GtG response rate (from slowest to fastest):

• HP Z32
  • Dell U3219Q
  • LG 32UD99
  • BenQ PD3200U

And how they rank in terms of color gamut (smallest to widest, tested by professional reviewers after calibration):

• HP Z32
  • LG 32UD99 = Dell U3219Q
  • BenQ PD3200U

BenQ PD3200U

~ €670

Oldest of the 4, this monitor has been a favorite in the semi-professional community for quite some time. As I am not a design professional, I won't be using the CAD, Animation or Dark Room modes, but the 100% sRGB and KVM switch are definitely a bonus. It's a sturdy and well-built monitor that weighs 12.5kg, with a brightness of 350cd/m², a 4ms GtG response and a contrast ratio of 1000:1. It comes with a 3 year warranty. Only downside is that I've read about issues regarding flickering, bleeding and unequal colors. How common are they?

Some useful reviews:

Prad.de (DE)

Hardware.info (NL)

Digital Trends (ENG)

PCMonitors.info (ENG)

HP Z32

~ €785

I've had a hard time finding reviews on this monitor but its specs look good. Again, it's a sturdy and well-built monitor. It weighs 12kg, with a brightness of 350cd/m² and a slower 14ms GtG response. However, it has a higher contrast ratio of 1300:1 with 99% sRGB coverage. I had trouble finding the warranty for this monitor, but I think it's only 1 year. Only drawback I've read about is that you need to deal with HP's business division for any issues as this isn't classified as a consumer product. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

One review with tested specs:

CHIP.de (DE)

I think I will have to rule this monitor out. I just haven't been able to find any detailed reviews on it and spec-wise it just doesn't seem to hold up. It seems to be a good monitor for businesses which have supplier deals with HP, but at the price I've seen it offered at, I don't think it's competitive.

LG 32UD99

~ €800

This one is popular in a lot of places, but also has some mixed reviews regarding light bleeding. This one only weighs 8.4kg, with a brightness of 350cd/m² and a 5ms GtG response. It has a wide color gamut (100% sRGB) and a similar contrast ratio to the previous one, namely 1300:1. Apart from the light bleeding, this monitor seems to only come with a 1 year warranty which I find suspect.

Some useful reviews:

RTINGS.com (ENG)

Prad.de (DE)

Hardware.info (NL)

Dell U3219Q

~ €880

The newest and most expensive model looks beautiful and has some great specs and reviews. This one weighs in at 9.1kg with a relatively higher brightness of 400cd/m². It also covers 99% sRGB. While it does have good reviews, I have a hard time justifying the extra cost when compared to the other three.

Some useful reviews:

RTINGS.com (ENG)

CHIP.de (DE)

I have a hard time justifying the extra price hear compared to the LG since they are really neck in neck. I'm also a bit worried about the flickering as I am sensitive to fluorescent lights... I'm thinking this model might also need to go on the chopping block, but damn is it pretty.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow