Fujifilm GF 45mm f2.8 R WR for portraits

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RhonaldJR
RhonaldJR Forum Member • Posts: 50
Fujifilm GF 45mm f2.8 R WR for portraits

So, I ordered my Fujifilm GF 45mm f2.8 R WR in the local store (McBain camera) and I will pick it up this evening. Next week I am visiting both Banff & Jasper with family and I am hoping to use 50S extensively (leave X-T3 to my relative). The other lens I have is GF 63mm (looking right at GF110, but another day).

I have read many reviews and I have less doubt about the capabilities of lens and it's versatility.

My question is how does it stack up as a portrait lens? GF 110 is the perfect lens for that due to the compression it gives on people. However, I don't want to get into GF110 (probably for a while, till I make up my mind on GFX-100S, maybe early next year) right now and just curious about portrait shooting experience with GF45 and whether the "wide" aspect of the lens will be visible around the corners or images in general.

Between GF 63mm and 45mm, which one should be left with the camera (switching between two is not ideal all the time) considering I will be using it for both portraits and landscape? I have first hand experience with GF63mm and I am quite comfortable, but when it comes to landscape, I always wished for a bit wider view.

Read few articles on using GF 45 for portraits and got convinced to go for GF 45 instead of GF 110 at this moment.

-- hide signature --

Take a deep breath before pressing that shutter release button, it helps.

RhonaldJR's gear list:RhonaldJR's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +5 more
Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8 Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow