***6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,948
A few recent Bliss pics

A good friend of mine and his wife are going to be renting Nancy's house (which is a few hundred yards away from mine through the woods, but the nearest home to mine). They stopped by yesterday to pick colors and such (we are having the whole house redone) and brought along their three Field Bred English Cockers. The older FBEC was a national championship field trial winner last year and will be trying for the title again this year. One of the reasons they are renting house is to have a place with lots of land where they can simply let their dogs out the front door because the nearest road is a full mile away.

They also brought their latest puppy, Monty. Monty is a week or two older than Bliss and will grow up to be a much smaller dogs, but is not a little bit bigger than Bliss. It took about two seconds before they started wrestling. It will be cool to watch these two pups grow up together, even though FBEC's are flushing dogs and Bliss is a pointing dog, so their training regimen will be much different. (Sorry - these are crappy phone pics, but that's all I had with me to capture the moment)

Yesterday we did some work on the MH in preparation of a short trip to a shoot in New England in July. I took the dogs along with me. It was Bliss's first time in the MH. She looked and sniffed all around, no doubt smelling Chase's recent presence, but was not at all apprehensive. Hopefully, she will travel countless miles with us in the MH in the up-coming years.

Very big machine - tiny pup:

The new Dynamic Duo (joy and Bliss) on the entry steps:

The old Dynamic Duo (Maggie and Chase) on those same steps:

Out in their travel ex-pen under the awning (it was raining - AGAIN ). Bliss cried a little, then happily settled down to watch the squirrels and birds.

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow