Why would B&H promote this??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom_N Forum Pro • Posts: 15,786
Re: Why would B&H promote this??

WunWegWunDarWun wrote:

Tom_N wrote:

WunWegWunDarWun wrote:

I guess, but ever thought why these things can't be automatically linked to your checking account to be deducted debit-style the moment they are incurred if you have the funds ?

You can use many debit cards in the same way as credit cards. But credit cards are safer in the sense that they usually have more legal protections, and do not offer fraudsters the account numbers of your personal checking and savings accounts.

Yes but can you use credit cards in the same way as debit cards - to have the the sum deducted directly from your checking account balance at the time of purchase if it is sufficient to cover it or have the transaction rejected if it isn't ?

Why would you need to do it that way?

I limit my credit card charges to what I know I can pay in full each month.  Except on the rare occasions when I slip up and accidentally get around to paying the bill a day late, the result is that there is no interest.

If I was contemplating a major purchase, and didn't know whether my checking account had (or would have) sufficient funds, I'd check it before committing to the order.  ("No funds" == "don't order that $5K+ camera")  Better than trying to make the purchase, and having the payment method bounce for lack of funds!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow