Tilt-Shift lens worth it?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Michael Fryd
Michael Fryd Forum Pro • Posts: 11,284
Re: Depends

JackM wrote:

Ian L wrote:

sorry i should have specified i've already done plenty of shoots. I'm just looking to up my game and wondering if a TS lens would give me better results then my currents lens (you can look at my gear list) vs just correcting in post as I have been doing.

As you mentioned, having to crop is one thing i don't like plus if it happens to be an extreme correction, it doesn't look good. I was hoping a TS lens would correct that. From what I've seen, it looks like for even very tall buildings you can get perfect lines with a TS lens.

It sounds like you would get good use out of a TS then. Perhaps rent one to see for yourself before taking the plunge. They do work as advertised. Sometimes you cannot correct a regular lens as much as necessary or sometimes the results are sub-par as you say.

If you did buy one, they hold their value.

One of the benefits of being a paid member of Canon Professional Services (CPS) is that they will loan you gear for evaluation purposes.

You may want to take a look at joining CPS.  In addition to equipment loans, you get discounts on repairs, expedited repairs, and some free clean and checks for your gear.

Michael Fryd's gear list:Michael Fryd's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow