Matching Fuji Color to Sony Color

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
loseseeker Regular Member • Posts: 221
Matching Fuji Color to Sony Color

First off, this is not a brand bashing thread or which brand is superior thread. I personally prefer Fuji colors (that's why I was a convert from Sony a6000 to Fuji XT20), not only jpeg, but even after RAW processing.

I know many people claimed that color science is invalid especially if one shoot 'RAW', I want to see for myself if it was true. Hence, I've just made a photoshoot with a model yesterday, using 2 cameras, 1) Fuji XT20 + Fujinon 56mm f1.2 and 2) Sony a6500 + Sigma 56mm f1.4. I shoot in aperture priority and in most of the shot, With Sigma at f1.4, and Fujinon 56 at either f1.2 or f1.4

After the shoot, I started editing my files in lightroom. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't able to match Sony and Fuji files perfectly (Please refer to below) , even when it was shoot under the same location, same lighting condition and with very similar settings on the camera.

But then again, I am well aware that, I'm just a novice when it comes to post processing. So, the limiting factor could be very well be my own inability to do utilized fully the RAW files(Sony and fuji alike). Hence, I'm throwing this challenge to the public. I would love to see someone proof me wrong my matching the colors of the RAW files produced by the 2 cameras perfectly. I am also posting this challenge on the Fuji X forum. I'm very interested to see the results.

This is the location where I stored 4 sets of RAW files, 4 from each camera. Feel free to download them and edit away.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18QZtfwMFNF61l2BNgJ3x7awAKNxYP0JK?usp=sharing

Fujifilm X-T20 Sony a6000 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow