Good wide-angle lenses for D5300?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MachLite Forum Member • Posts: 57
Good wide-angle lenses for D5300?

Hi guys, I am thinking of getting a wide-angle lens (for landscape, family pics and night photog) for my upcoming trip to New Zealand for my Nikon D5300 body, and was hoping for some recommendations?

For context, I'm currently using the D5300 18-140 kit lens: AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140MM F/3.5-5.6 G ED VR. I feel ready to move on to the next level – I am contemplating getting a new body & new lens, but am presently slightly more inclined to stick with the D5300, and get a new lens.

My budget is below US$400, BUT I'm willing to spend more if the lens will bring a noticeable improvement to the photos.

I understand that the Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens is quite decent, but was wondering if it might be producing better quality images than my 18-140 kit lens? Please also give me recommendations/advice on whether the Nikon 10-20mm is good, or if I should get something else instead.

Thanks!

MachLite's gear list:MachLite's gear list
Nikon D5300
Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow