Tilt-Shift lens worth it?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
JackM
JackM Veteran Member • Posts: 8,665
Re: Depends

Ian L wrote:

sorry i should have specified i've already done plenty of shoots. I'm just looking to up my game and wondering if a TS lens would give me better results then my currents lens (you can look at my gear list) vs just correcting in post as I have been doing.

As you mentioned, having to crop is one thing i don't like plus if it happens to be an extreme correction, it doesn't look good. I was hoping a TS lens would correct that. From what I've seen, it looks like for even very tall buildings you can get perfect lines with a TS lens.

It sounds like you would get good use out of a TS then.  Perhaps rent one to see for yourself before taking the plunge.  They do work as advertised.  Sometimes you cannot correct a regular lens as much as necessary or sometimes the results are sub-par as you say.

If you did buy one, they hold their value.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow