Help me some moire, please

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JustGeorge Regular Member • Posts: 255
Re: Help me some moire, please

Don't overlook the possibility that what you're seeing is the mortar leaching out somewhat.  Especially looking at the areas directly under the windows and along the roof line.

Not that I'm an expert on mortar, but my father-in-law was.  What I know I learned from occasionally watching him, and there may or may not have been a few cases where my quick-and-dirty patching exhibited leaching of this nature.  Fortunately, many of those patches were for cinder blocks, basically the same color, so not noticeable.

Different batches of mortar will often have different mix ratios, and/or different quality of ingredients.  Especially considering the age of those buildings.

After studying the images full size on my notebook compter, I'll stick my neck out and render my opinion that what we're seeing looks a lot like mortar leeching.  (Yeah, I idn't stick it out too far.)

JustGeorge's gear list:JustGeorge's gear list
Nikon D7200 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow