Why would B&H promote this??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mamallama
mamallama Forum Pro • Posts: 55,567
Re: Why would B&H promote this??

Timzee wrote:

Spent tens of thousands of dollars over decades at B&H and have never had anything negative to say about them. However when I received my last order from them ($300) there was a card inserted promoting this "Payboo" card that one could use to save sales tax in some instances.

Searched here and found a few discussions related to Payboo and I have to admit it sounded good UNTIL I looked into the terms. The annual Percentage Rate (APR) for
Purchases is 29.99 per cent! Further searches reveals the average APR these days is 17.73% which is high enough, but 30%?!

Now obviously if one pays the balance before the due date they can avoid this ridiculous surcharge, but hey-- I can't imagine why B&H would want to have anything to do with this card.

Would I use it? Well, I guess if I was buying an expensive item from their store I'd have to consider it, but at the same time it would leave me with a bitter taste by promoting this "service".

Just my $.02...

They pay your sales tax to get you indebted in an outrageously high interest credit card. What could go wrong?

mamallama's gear list:mamallama's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow