Which of these looks sharper/better to you?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
TheSonyEnthusiast
TheSonyEnthusiast Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: Which of these looks sharper/better to you?

kiwi2 wrote:

TheSonyEnthusiast wrote:

The reason I think it may be depth of field is due to the preciseness necessary in manually focusing; I took a series of shots barely nudging the focus each time toward infinity, and a fraction of a millimeter either way resulted in less resolved craters.

The entire disc of the moon is capable of being in focus at the same time.

I never said it couldn't be, what I said is the 70-400 with a teleconverter may have an extremely narrow depth of field, as noted by the fact that I was adjusting the focus by fractions of a millimeter and taking shots.  Everything was set on a 10 second delay to minimize motion blur, but a slight turn of the barrel one way or another resulted in the middle of the moon being out of focus, which was my focus (no pun intended) given the major craters along the shadow.  I will try and dig through my camera to see if the periphery became in focus with preceeding or subsequent shots.  If not, then motion blur may be more likely.

-- hide signature --

I make my own repairs at home.

TheSonyEnthusiast's gear list:TheSonyEnthusiast's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A77 +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow