Help Deciding on a New Mirrorless System

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BuriedInPine New Member • Posts: 1
Help Deciding on a New Mirrorless System

I need some assistance in deciding between three possible mirrorless options: Sony a7ii, Sony a6400, or the Fuji XT-3.

I live in Canada, so I have approximately $2500CAD to spend, which would put me at the XT-3 with the nicer kit lens. The two Sonys are currently around the same price $1400CAD which leaves some room for an additional lens, if needed.

I will mainly be using the camera for candid family photos (I have very active young kids) and for cycling photos (especially cyclocross, gravel, and mountain bike events). This means that auto-focus and weather sealing is pretty important, but I'm not overly concerned with size. I would also like to work on getting into more portrait work.

I'm also considering moving beyond the hobbyist culture and into the professional culture, which is why I'm considering the a7ii. And to be honest, I'm leaning toward the a7ii because of the great price and full frame sensor with internal stabilization and a variety of good lens options.

I welcome any feedback this community might have!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow