Praise to Sigma for the handling of the sd Quattro H

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PrebenR Veteran Member • Posts: 4,066
Praise to Sigma for the handling of the sd Quattro H

After using the a7Rii for some time, I really really learnt to appreciate the thought and effort Sigma put into the handling of it's sd Quattro H.

Buttons are well laid out. No need to press OK to change behaviour of buttons. Both wheels are used very wisely and I like that they have ISO, metering etc on dedicated buttons. Not to speak of the very very nice menu system. Simple and so intuitive and easy to get used to. Also the balance with ART primes is good in my opinion.

I took this for granted before I got a culture shock with the a7Rii. This is a very good camera as well, specially the technical part of sensor, AF, ISO etc... Not up to par on low ISO, but... But when it comes to handling it seems to have been designed by a committee of engineers. And Sony is making PlayStations, but their software in the camera bears no evidence that they have drawn any help from that mind pool. I mean one cannot even process RAWs in camera even.

So while I like both cameras (especially with ART primes), I was a bit ashamed that I had not realised before how well thought out the sd Quattro H camera is. Designed by a group of photographers (or photographing engineers).

Thank you Sigma!

-- hide signature --

Don't blame the camera
Still trying to upgrade photographer body

Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow