Zeiss Zm lens question

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,950
Zeiss Zm lens question

I have two used lenses, a black Zeiss C-Biogon 2.8/35 ZM and a black Zeiss Planar 2.0/50 ZM, that I purchased from a retailer in Japan to use with my M9. They both came with all of the original documentation, in Japanese, which I cannot read.

My question is about the DOF scale on each lens. On the Planar 2.0/50, the f8 marking on the right side (closest to infinity) is marked in red, while the rest of the DOF scale is in white. On the C-Biogon 2.8/35, there is a small red line between the lines marking f4 and f8, also on the right side of the scale, and like the Planar, the rest of the scale is white. I have also been looking at black versions of the Zeiss C-Biogon 2.8/21 and Zeiss C-Biogon 2.8/25. They also have that same unmarked red line between the f4 and f8 lines on the right side of the DOF. I also noticed that on silver versions of all the same lenses, the mark is in the same place but in Zeiss Blue instead of red. Can anyone tell me what the red line on the DOF scale is for?

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M9 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow