Low light camera to complement Sony RX10 IV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
misterbig New Member • Posts: 1
Low light camera to complement Sony RX10 IV

Hi, I have some old camera gear that I'm considering replacing.  Most of my photos recently are travel photography and family photos.  I shoot RAW and process in Lightroom.  Optical quality and good autofocus tracking are important.

I recently purchased a Sony RX10 IV which I love for its versatility.  This is my main camera now but it doesn't do as well for indoor or low light shots.

I also have a Canon 5D Mark II and a Sony RX100 first release.  I've read up on how much better the Sony RX100 VA is compared to my old model.  Have the newer models of full frame cameras whether Sony A7II/III or 5D Mark IV overtaken the 5D Mark II significantly?

So you can see from my lineup that I prefer to have a compact enthusiast like the RX100 series and then a  long zoom like the RX10 IV that covers kid sports photos and travel.  And finally a low light performer with beautiful depth of field like the Canon 5D series.

One option is to replace with the current 5D Mark IV and Sony RX100 VA and keep the 3 camera system.  But is there something more compact that is similar in optical quality and good value like the Fuji XT-30 or Sony A6500 that would allow me to replace 2 cameras with one?  I've just started reading up on the mirrorless camera revolution and it seems that's the way to go?

Thanks for your input.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6500 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VA
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow