Print comparisons(PS, Qimage, Gigapixel.AI)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChicagoRob
ChicagoRob Contributing Member • Posts: 638
Print comparisons(PS, Qimage, Gigapixel.AI)

I had some spare time on my hands and decided to make some Pro 100 comparison prints. They were grouped as follows:

1. PS upsampled to 600ppi

2. Qimage, Fusion, Hybrid, Pyramid interpolations

3. Gigapixel.AI, scaled to 2X

Photos were taken with a tripod-mounted 350D, on self-timer. The images were sized to 12x18 and printed on 13x19 Kirkland PPP.

The printed results were all very similar, except for Gigapixel.AI. It clearly looked better than the other methods. The output appeared cleaner, with better definition of fine detail. It was as if a veil, or fog, had been removed. At first, I thought the effect was from added contrast, but it had the exact same overall contrast as the other prints. The output appeared smooth and "analog-like," with no signs of digital artifacting. Based on the GP.AI results, I'm sure I could easily print much larger, with very little loss in quality.

Just for kicks, I printed some files with GP.AI,  from my wife's 20MP Sony RX100mkIII. Same 12x18 size as above, on the same paper. The results were really impressive.

Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow