***6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 39,615
Re: New ride and new rider

Birddogman wrote:

I've always driven pick-up trucks, but when my wife got sick, I had to sell my truck and buy a coupe that was low and had long doors in order to get her in and out of the vehicle from her wheelchair (basically a dead-weight lift). The truck was too high and the crew-cab doors to narrow for that to work. I used the coupe for business and general transportation and the old Jeep to get up and down the mountain in bad weather, for hunting and to tow behind the motorhome. I missed the truck for heavy hauling and towing.

Now that I'm not dealing with wheelchairs any more, I am able to go back to driving a truck. Been looking around for a while and decided on a new "compact" Ford Ranger because modern pick-ups have become so huge. The Ranger is about the size my pick-ups used to be - perfect for me. It has every cool bell and whistle Ford offers, plus I had it built and equipped for serious off-road use. It will work fine for daily transportation, for towing behind the MH, for hunting; and I've already used it several times for heavy hauling. I like it so far and it's nice to replace two vehicles with just one (I still own way too many).

Along with the new truck has come a new rider in the form of little Bliss. Bliss enjoys riding just like all of my dogs - a necessary thing for a working bird dog to be, because we will cover many, many miles together. Joy and Bliss sleeping on the back seat of the truck after an outing:

Hope you and the dogs enjoy the new truck!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow