Sharpness at f/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mike lix Contributing Member • Posts: 500
Re: Sharpness at f/1.4

marco1974 wrote:

But sadly this photo just confirms how strong the sharpening has to be set to resolve some detail wide open and for dogsĀ“ fur this is not enough.

Not sure what you're talking about. The sharpening was set to the default "0" in camera. No post-capture sharpening was applied (nor any other post processing whatsoever).

I cannot see any artefacts. That's just what a cheap polyester fabric flag looks like in real life

M.

There's no problem with the flag, it's just the very fine detail that I need for my shots and I can't see them in 23/1.4 (nor in 35/1.4) pictures shot wide open. I need only small radius sharpening to refine tiny details, larger radius is not OK as it induce artificial look. In-camera sharpening obviously uses larger radius for this lens wide open. For most uses OK, for the very fine details (that I need) not so much.

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/michal.placek.fotograf
www.facebook.com/michal.placek.fotograf
500px.com/mikepl500px

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow