V2 of my question if you allow it .. Is M4/3 a good 2nd system for an FF user (Canon)?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gaul Contributing Member • Posts: 662
V2 of my question if you allow it .. Is M4/3 a good 2nd system for an FF user (Canon)?

Hello,

I came here a few months ago w. a simple question and yes, I had some stereotypes regarding FF vs 'crop sensors'.. But not cingling M4/3 more than APS-C.. And that was not my point.

So let me repeat my question:

As a Canon FF user (Canon 6D Mk I) w. a limited budget and for now lenses limited to 28 to 300mm (24x36mm sensor equivalent), I would like to 'reach further' but realise that going to 500 or 600mm (not even dreaming of going further) would mean lots of $$ and weight and even if I stay w. Canon for a 2nd body, a 2nd format (APS-C with Canon)

So was wondering if opting for M4/3 as a 2nd system (in parallel w. my FF Canon) for what I call 'long reach' does make sense..

And pls LET'S NOT GO IN ALL DIRECTIONS and stop questioning if I am a FF spy or something..

This new  2x converter from Olympus renews my interest  https://www.dpreview.com/news/4434061927/olympus-announces-2x-teleconverter-for-40-150mm-f2-8-and-300mm-f4-pro-lenses

Thx in advance to all M4/3 users who can help me and maybe convert me to M4/3 (again, am sticking w. my Canon 6D Mk I which I love for portraits so let's focus on long focals pls..)

Cheers

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow