***6/16/2019-6/23/2019 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,942
Re: A US Marine to be

Enders Shadow wrote:

My neighbor's youngest son will be heading off to Annapolis in a few days. Most of his family has served in the military, but he will be the first to attend a military academy. I helped him on a science project a few years ago and it became obvious how intelligent he was. He could have attended some of the country's top universities, but USNA was at the top of his list.

Congrats to the y9ung man.  Attending the USNA is much different than signing up as an enlisted Marine and walking away from many great opportunities.  I would feel very differently if the reasons for this decision were valid ("I know this will be hard but I have a duty as a citizen of a free country to serve my country"), instead of utterly naïve and unrealistic ("cute uniforms, fun with the sergeants in the gym and being stationed in Hawaii", etc).

This isn't my pic, but it tells the story:

Greg

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow