Should I risk mail ordering the PL 100-400?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
olyphan Junior Member • Posts: 35
Should I risk mail ordering the PL 100-400?

I've been thinking for a long time about PL 100-400, and the price here makes me want to pull the trigger:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Leica-DG-Vario-Elmar-100-400mm-f-4-6-3-ASPH-POWER-O-I-S-H-RS100400-/113722167491

But... I heard of some problems related to the compatibility of this lens with the EM1.2, and I don't want a brick on my hands. If I buy at B&H, then, as a New Yorker, I have no problem with an easy return. The B&H price, on the other hand, is much higher, hence the temptation to save.  But with mail orders shipped from Hong Kong, returns may be much more difficult and uncertain.

Can anyone throw some light on this dilemma? Is there an issue with compatibility I should be aware of? Has anyone ordered from this company?

Thanks!

olyphan's gear list:olyphan's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +6 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow