Sony RX100 VA - Blurry shots in Auto

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnnyThailand New Member • Posts: 1
Sony RX100 VA - Blurry shots in Auto

I just shoot street art with this camera. I want to be able to pull out the camera in Auto and point it at a wall and get a great shot every time, whether its dull or sunny etc.

I used to own the RX100 II. I found that camera to be a workhorse. So many great pics time after time. Unfortunately, it finally packed in.

I only shoot in RAW and used to love the quality of pics I got from the Sony.

Sadly, since I started using the new RX100 VA, I have so many blurry unusable pics. This is a problem with street art, because it is usually not there a week later to retake the shot.

The problem seems to be the super low shutter speed and wide aperture the camera uses to get the pic in low light. So often, it is selecting 1/30 and f/1.8, but keeping the ISO down to 125. That means that unless my hand is as steady as a tripod, the shot is generally blurry and often unusable. If I do manage to hold it still, then the outer edges are blurred because of the wide aperture.

There doesn't seem to be any way to program the Auto setting to a minimum shutter speed or aperture.

Very disappointed. It's pretty poor when I can get a better shot on my cameraphone than with a $1000+ actual camera!

Anyone else having problems like this with their Sony in Auto.

Sony RX100 II Sony RX100 VA
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow