Camera phones and YOU.

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
kelstertx Veteran Member • Posts: 4,924
Re: Camera phones and YOU.

tbcass wrote:

Mark Scott Abeln wrote:

tbcass wrote:

I think almost all of us consider camera phones useful. The bashing is almost always in response to someone claiming their smartphone camera is as good or better than a dedicated camera.

Or that image processing tricks, such as fake background blur and heavy noise reduction should be the norm for dedicated cameras.

That too.

Well, if they want to put those computational tricks into "real" cameras to draw more phone shooters over to the light side, I don't mind -- if they make them art filters. My E-M1 mk2 and E-M10 mk2 both allow you to select any or all of the art filters you like, and then it cranks them all out from a single shot -- alongside the "normal" (ie, natural, vivid, etc) profile selected. That would be a perfect way to make it available to everyone without forcing it on anyone.  And you wouldn't have to menu dive to toggle it on and off.  You could just always keep the filter enabled and keep the picture that looked better between the normal profile and the art filtered one.

-Kelly

kelstertx's gear list:kelstertx's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow