X-T2 L bracket in verticle position

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnC88 Junior Member • Posts: 42
X-T2 L bracket in verticle position

I had been planning a move to Fuji from Nikon. When the X-T2 went on sale I coudn't resist jumping in. I've been working to get familiar with the camera and how it all works.

I use a RRS L bracket on my Nikon D7100 and love it. But the only reason for having it vs just an Arca Swiss camera plate is the ability to quickly switch the camera from horizontal to vertical while maintaining your basic composition. When using a tripod I always use a wired shutter release. On the Nikon, the "plug in" fits far enough to the side that the L bracket can be firmly clamped to the tripod while leaving space for the wire to plug into the side of the camera.

The "plug in" on the X-T2 appears to be almost smack in the middle of the camera body leaving a very questionable amount of space for the L bracket to fit on either side and still grip. Does anybody make a bracket that somehow provides space to plug in my wired shutter release and still have room to firmly grab the tripod? I can't get a clear read from pics on the internet, but it doesn't seem as though the (vastly overpriced) RRS does. The Kirk looks like it can be adjusted "some" amount to leave "some" space but I'm far from convinced it would work.

I really need to keep using an L bracket. Surely there must be a solution other than going to a wireless shutter release?  I've used them but they just aren't as reliable as the wired ones when standing next to the camera and I really don't like them.

Thanks for any ideas.

Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow