A7RIII too much detail for old people!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ryanide Contributing Member • Posts: 747
A7RIII too much detail for old people!

I love my A7R3 but using it for casual shots of my 'older friends' reveals too much details in the faces and skin. It becomes a nightmare to try to retouch and soften the wrinkles, age spots, grease reflections... ugh!!!

I'm importing on my iPad Pro and using Snapseed's Portrait & Glamour Glow filters to soften the faces, but often it does nothing to the necks and arms. So they end up looking like smooth faced on a turkey neck.

Also, have 'ADVA SOFT Touch Retouch for iPad' that does a good job of blemish removal, much better than Photoshop Mix, but still this is time consuming.

Any settings, filters, software or App suggestions?

I find that shooting 'casual evening group photos of friends at dinner' seems to work better with my Canon PowerShot G7X MarkII (with it's pop-up flash) and portrait settings. Maybe that is enough of a camera for these type of photos.

Any thoughts?

Ryanide's gear list:Ryanide's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony RX10 IV Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +3 more
Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow