upgrade from Dell U2412M

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcr4486 Regular Member • Posts: 343
upgrade from Dell U2412M

Hi

Where to go from a some years old Dell U2412M ?

I need to build a new PC for my wife, she embraced photo for some time alredy and need to start editing some photos, in a way that both can work at same time I decided to buy a new set... will not be a frequent user as myself...so considering shifting my beloved dell U2412M to her and buying something with higher resolution and a bit bigger for me...

If on the computer I am pretty confident on my choices, not so much on display...

A few years ago Dell U2412M was the sweetspot in terms of proportion 16:10, resolution, color rendition...where are we today ?

I really love the 16:10 and not so much keen of 16:9 ratio... what are the options out there in 16:10 goof enough or I am forced to go 16:9 ?

Is a higher resolution a good decision for lightroom / photoshop ?

At the moment GPU is a Strix 960GTX 4Gb, but planning to go for a RTX2060 6G soon on the new PC to be build if needed for the higher resolution... any recommendations on this need ?

Thanks in Advance

jcr4486's gear list:jcr4486's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow