Help me some moire, please

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,827
Help me some moire, please

Now, that sly old Guy Parsons used to preach and preach about the dangers of shutter shock, and while I understood that shutter shock was a bad thing to have in your pictures I just never could actually see, shutter shock.  I'm not saying there was no shutter shock back years ago, but I couldn't swear either way, because I couldn't see it, if the shutter shocked right in front of me.  Modern zero second anti shock shutters have sent shutter shock to the grave yard of conquered camera problems.

But my new P5, I think is a little lacking on it's anti alias filter.  I think I see something that's called moire

As I understand moire, it's those wavy patterns in the brick the pictures show, that aren't there when you eyeball the buildings.

How do you get rid of moire, if that's moire?

Or is it like that shutter shock, and I just have to live with it or get a camera with an anti aliasing filter?

The hazards and pitfalls of micro four thirds photography, are sometimes daunting, but it sure is a lot of fun.

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Kodak DC3200 +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow