D7200 overexposing on Aperture Priority.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KeithandAbby
KeithandAbby Regular Member • Posts: 120
D7200 overexposing on Aperture Priority.

I was taking some shots at my Daughter's soccer game and got tired of playing with settings in manual to compensate for the differing lighting on the sideline vs. the field so I put my camera in Aperture Priority. I realized that almost every picture I took in this mode was overexposing the image - especially when the sun was on the players or there was any white in the background of the image (e.g. goal posts). I've used this mode on my old D90 and it always did a great job and I never had an issue.

Not sure if it should matter but here is what was happening - It was a bright, sunny evening, I was using single-point focus, matrix metering, was set to continuous high, I had it set to ISO 100 originally and shifted to auto ISO later on (same problem). Nothing that I can think of that would make the camera think that it should be overexposing the image.

Oh - the camera highlighted the sections that were overexposed after I took each picture so even it 'knew' that it was overexposing parts of the image.

Am I missing something in the set-up of the camera here?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow