Close call (PD Slide Strap) and where to get connectors

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattPointZero
MattPointZero Contributing Member • Posts: 988
Close call (PD Slide Strap) and where to get connectors

Hi All

I took my GFX50S to the coast last week, and somewhat ambitiously took it off on cliffside walks just on a peak design slide strap.  At some point in the walk the black plastic plug that is supposed to stop the shoulder connectors coming off must have come loose and dropped somewhere, and one end of the strap just disconnected from the camera.

Very luckily I had hold of it when it did, otherwise my poor camera could have been doing some extreme cliff diving.

On one hand, it isn't really the way to carry this camera, I get that - much better in a bag on my shoulder and taken out as needed, but it was still terrifying, and still a reminder what a god awful connection system it uses.  So I thought I'd raise it for others doing similar, but I also have a question - anyone know where in the UK I can get replacement shoulder connectors??  I have hunted and hunted and got nowhere - a few weeks ago I had idly looked with the thought of getting spares, and somewhere had one set in stock, but these have obviously gone and now I am struggling  - I am thinking I'll give it a try with new connectors and some kind of super strong glue fixing the black plastic piece in, unless anyone has found a better way?

Thanks all

Matt

MattPointZero's gear list:MattPointZero's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow