Adding an FX camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
crazydoglady Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Adding an FX camera

ACTex4 wrote:

I came here to ask you all a question of adding a D750 to my D7200. Would you consider it a good choice to add an FX body to my DX setup? I would mainly use this camera as my portrait setup and then focus on using my D7200 for sports. I currently shoot both and am about 50-50 right now in terms of my work. Also, I would change to the FX version of the 35mm.

I had a D750 and sold it for a D500 because I wanted the autofocus and speed for action shots. Apart from the IQ at higher ISOs I never missed the D750, and unless you really zoom in you can't tell which camera took which photo. I assume for portraits you will be using artificial lighting and lower ISOs anyway, so may not be worth it. Depends how much money you have and if you want to end up with potentially two sets of lenses. I recently sold the D500 for a D5, but only because I'm starting dog photography as a business and couldn't find a mid-range DX zoom that I liked, plus I wanted the extra low light capability.

crazydoglady's gear list:crazydoglady's gear list
Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow