Fuji X Series - I just dont love it...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jerv New Member • Posts: 18
Fuji X Series - I just dont love it...

Earlier this year I switched from a Pansonic G80/G85 to a Fuji X-T2. The only lens I currently have is the Fuji XF 18-55 F2.8-4. The main reason for the switch was I was looking for a bigger sensor and an increase in low light performace.

I've had the camera for four months now and whilst I love the look of the camera and the way it feels in your hand, I just don't love it. The photos the camera produces are generally good but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that I don't like. It may be something to do with the shutter speed dial, instead of the usual wheel, or maybe that the RAW files can be a pain to process at times. I'm just not sure, but something about the camera irritates me slightly.

With that in mind I'm considering cutting my losses and switching systems once again before I invest in any cash in new lenses.

The other systems that appeal to me are the Sony A Series, Nikon Z Series and Canon EOS R, as I feel each of these will be the most future proof.

I mainly shoot landscapes, portraits, street/travel and nightscape photography, but only on a casual level and not proffessional. I'd therefore like to keep to a reasonable budget and ideally initally pick up a body and kit lens for around £1k. If the system works for me I'll then invest in glass as times goes on.

In the UK there are currently some very good cash back deals on the Sony A series, for instance a brand new A7ii can be picked up for around £700, with a I can get my hands on a kit lens for arounf £150, making it a very affordable option, however I appreciate this model is now 4-5 years old.

So do I persevere with X-T2 and hope I grow to love it and get along with it? Or should I jump ship now and trade up to another system?...

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow