Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Bill Ferris
Bill Ferris Veteran Member • Posts: 4,201
Re: Ideal Amateur Birding Setup - D500/500PF vs new combo: A9/200-600

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Bill Ferris wrote:

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Bill Ferris wrote:

With respect, I wouldn't characterize the combos in the thread title as, "amateur." There's certainly no reason an amateur can't own and use these. However, both the D500 and A9 are professional bodies. In the hands of a competent photographer, the D500/200-500 can be used to make saleable images. While the Sony 200-600 is, as yet, an unknown quantity, I see no reason to assume it isn't capable of the same.

No reason to assume it isn't capable of the same ??.........

How many Bill Ferris's are there here? ..........

Only one. I like to keep folks guessing

Guessing from perplexity !

Derision at sunset .......... recommendation at sunrise!

What a difference a good nights sleep makes

An ability to be objective and see gear for what it is; not what we want it to be.

A great photographer makes great photos with good equipment. A bad photographer makes bad photos with great equipment. The 200-600 seems a good consumer lens. It's no game changer - there is no rational scenario in which Nikon photographers switch to Sony for this lens - but a good photographer should be able to make good photos with it.

-- hide signature --

Bill Ferris Photography
Flagstaff, AZ
http://www.billferris.photoshelter.com

Bill Ferris's gear list:Bill Ferris's gear list
Nikon D610 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow