Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NextShowForSure Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Re: Everyone Using MFT

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

NextShowForSure wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

NextShowForSure wrote:

Colin Smith1 wrote:

I have just returned from a photo trip to Nome, Alaska. Everyone on the trip, including the guide, was using Olympus EM-1X and one Panasonic MFT. There was only one guy on the trip still using a huge Nikon body and 600MM lens. In talking with him it seemed the reason he hadn't shifted to MFT was he didn't think he could master the controls. At every photo stop we had to wait for him to remove his tripod and set it up. I felt sorry for him, watching him struggle. I guess I should also mention he was 84 years old. Good photographer also.

The ancient 35mm film format itself seems 85 years old. Can it really last forever in to the digital age and is there any real reason for it to?

It would not surprise me if the next but one Olympics will be >8K video on m43 with the odd eccentric stalwart lugging old full frame still stuff around.

i would be very surprised if there weren't some Dslrs at those Olympics despite no doubt companies releasing higher end mirrorless cameras

But how many full frame mirrorless cameras is the question?

I can well imagine a sizeable bunch of people sniggering in public about the E-M1X then sneaking out and buying one whilst no-one is looking.

we have no idea what the mix will be, but until companies start delivering something that is better than their Dslrs for pro sports shooting, those guys won't change....why would they?

Looking at the current camera market is a good spectator sport at the moment though tending to towards the the horror genre especially as no-one knows if there is a happy ending and that depends on who if anyone wins from one's own particular perspective.

Plenty of different mounts but a declining number of interested customers to service them. People say ILC numbers will just go back to what they were before or at the start of digital but all this firmware now in lenses and bodies needs a lot expensive care and maintenance if lenses are not to become prematurely obsolete.

NextShowForSure's gear list:NextShowForSure's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow