Everyone Using MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,044
Well

NextShowForSure wrote:

Colin Smith1 wrote:

I have just returned from a photo trip to Nome, Alaska. Everyone on the trip, including the guide, was using Olympus EM-1X and one Panasonic MFT. There was only one guy on the trip still using a huge Nikon body and 600MM lens. In talking with him it seemed the reason he hadn't shifted to MFT was he didn't think he could master the controls. At every photo stop we had to wait for him to remove his tripod and set it up. I felt sorry for him, watching him struggle. I guess I should also mention he was 84 years old. Good photographer also.

The ancient 35mm film format itself seems 85 years old. Can it really last forever in to the digital age and is there any real reason for it to?

It would not surprise me if the next but one Olympics will be >8K video on m43 with the odd eccentric stalwart lugging old full frame still stuff around.

With 4% market share, they have got a lot of work do  persuading all those dullards with their antiquated DSLR's to embrace the EM1 X  as the modern way forward.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D810
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow