FZ330 - Six small invertebrates with three stage processing

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gardenersassistant Veteran Member • Posts: 6,039
FZ330 - Six small invertebrates with three stage processing

I recently reprocessed six FZ330 raw files from 2017, experimenting with a new workflow which used DXO PhotoLab for raw conversion to TIFF, Lightroom for post processing to 1300 pixel high JPEG, and Topaz Sharpen AI applied to the JPEGs. The images were cropped in Lightroom as shown below. The hardest crop, for the red mite, produced a crop just over 1500 pixels high, from which the 1300 pixel high JPEG was produced, so this was approaching a 100% crop, which I think is a big ask for a small sensor camera.

The smallest subject was the first one, a red mite, with a body around 1mm long. The second, a globular springtail, was around 2mm long, body and head. The others were a bit larger, but I only worked out the sizes for the first two. One of the subjects, the globular springtail, was in motion when the image was captured, and two others may have been, the other springtail and/or the ant.

I don't recall which close-up lenses I used for these. For the smallest subjects it might have been a Raynox MSN-202 or two Raynox 250s stacked. The larger ones probably used a Raynox 250 or a Raynox 250 and 150 stacked. All used a Venus Optics KX800 twin flash and were hand-held, using autofocus.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow