RX100 IV with 128 GB or 256 GB memory card + 4k overheating

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DanielBuchert New Member • Posts: 5
RX100 IV with 128 GB or 256 GB memory card + 4k overheating

Hello,
from what I have found around the internet, it seems that the RX IV was not tested for memory cards over 64GB, which atleast according to word of mouth, causes all sorts of trouble.
Now I was thinkin about doing a long video interviews in 4k (so I can later use crop to give close up to both guys/women doing the interviews) and make it more juicy.
For that I need to use something larger than the usual recommended 64 Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC card. Id really like to invest into some 128,256 or even 512GB card, so I dont have to worry about the filesize and make the interview without interruption.
But i dont know, if any user of the camera here, has successfully used a bigger card than 64 GB. Is there somebody with this kind of experience?
And there is also one sub question - it is said, that this camera overheats doing 4k. How long does the clip last, before it must be written down to the card? This might be quite a dealbreaker, as I dont want to break the flow of interview into 5 minute segments.

Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow