Should I switch to Sony a7iii from Nikon just for video?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mr_Indecisive_PhD New Member • Posts: 4
Should I switch to Sony a7iii from Nikon just for video?

Hey there!

I've had a Nikon D750 with a 50mm 1.8f Nikkor and 24-70 f2.8 Tamron for about a year now, and I've had a blast using it for photography. Lately, I've become interested in shooting video, but I'm not sure if it's something that I'd do very often. I've tried shooting video on the D750, but the focus for me has been a bit of a pain (especially continuous focus). Personally, I love optical viewfinders like the one on the D750, and I also love the ergonomics on the camera.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to switch to the Sony A7iii, and sell all my current gear along the way.  The sony seems to have way better video quality, and the digital viewfinder is probably going to be something that i'll just have to get used to.

What do you think? Should I look into waiting until Nikon updates their mirrorless lineup so that I can keep my current lenses, or should I make the jump? Again, I don't shoot video all too often, but I'd like to have the option of doing it if I could.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow