Z6 battery life

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Lawrose
Lawrose Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Z6 battery life

Gollan wrote:

I think that Z6 battery life is more a function of the time that the camera is ON, rather than the number of shots taken. When I’m walking around, composing, checking and taking very few photos, I get the same 150-200 photos on a battery, just as you found. When I’m sitting still, shooting active birds and wildlife, I’ve approached 1000 photos on a charge. I’m still trying to figure it out, but I’d say “90 minutes per battery” to be conservative, so if I’m going out for 3 hours, that is 2 batteries, no matter how many photos I take. It is a different way of thinking about battery life.

Bingo! Fortunately, by the time we get to the Z models, most of us have accumulated more than one Nikon Nikon EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, or at least some of the 15a. I always carry extra batteries. Cheap insurance.

Lawrose's gear list:Lawrose's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon D5600 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow