PanaLeica 10-25mm F1.7 Questions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 26,525
Re: Cheaper in Oz.

Guy Parsons wrote:

Aussies can get that tax refunded at the airport when going on holidays within 60 days of purchase, of course they need to declare that value when coming back in (they do keep track of you) but by then it is a used item and I've always been waved through with expensive gear declared.

That reminds me of when I worked as an exchange student during the summer of 1978 at the University of Twente in the Netherlands.  This was before the EU was set up, and I remember people mentioning that they would go across the neighboring border to (West) Germany with their camera in the case without a lens.  They would buy a lens in Germany and come back to the Netherlands.  They would then argue that even though the lens looked brand new, that they had had it on the camera before leaving the Netherlands.  After all, what us is a camera without a lens.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TRP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow