Z7 & 24-70 2.8s - Amazing combo

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cna Regular Member • Posts: 126
Z7 & 24-70 2.8s - Amazing combo

I finally took the plunge and bought a Z7/24-70 2.8s combo.

In a few words: this is just an amazing combo

My previous camera (which I still have) is a D850.

With the exception of photographing very fast-moving subjects (sports, BIF) , I shoot nearly everything else, but mostly landscapes, portraits and various events.

For my shooting style, everything I did with my D850 I can do better or easier with my new Z7 (IBIS, WB, weight, size, viewfinder, video, no more fine tuning, etc…..)

And I felt at home after having used the Z7 for a few minutes …

As for focusing, I’ve always used AF-C (D9) on my D850, and I’ve rarely missed a shot, even for moving subjects.

I’ve configured AF-C / Dynamic area on the Z7 and with the same kind of moving subjects (running children,) I’ve been able to reach the same success rate.

Even though I’ve been very pleased with D850 for 2 years, I’m not sure I will keep it; it now looks like a brick in comparison with the Z7.

And this 24-70 2.8s : just incredible; sharpness has already been discussed on several occasions; but there is much more than sharpness; even though I own high quality primes lenses (such as the Nikon 105f 1.4), I’ve never been able to take pictures having this quality; pictures taken with this lens at 70mm/2.8 literally pop out of the screen; sharpness associated with very natural OOF transitions and very good micro-contrast really do miracles.

Finally, there has been a lot of negativity regarding the new Zx cameras.

In my humble opinion, Nikon has done a wonderful job in designing the Z7 and the new S lenses.

One thing for sure: I will less and less listen to the so-called “reviewers” on the web; the objectivity and motivation of some of those “reviewers” should really be questioned.

From now on, I will mostly make my own opinion by mostly testing new equipment

Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow