My "new" D700 is here! My first used camera ever!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 4,101
My "new" D700 is here! My first used camera ever!

I ordered a used D700 and was holding my breath about its true condition, but when I unpacked it today I was happy as a clam with what I saw. It had been rated as "Excellent" (90-96% of original condition) and it only had 12,000 clicks on it, which seemed pretty good—that's less than I have on my D7500 that I bought last July! They had another one rated excellent that had 58,000 clicks, and then a lot of other ones I saw on various sites generally had a lot of clicks...many over 100,000 and some over 200,000+!

Anyhow, this camera is beautiful and doesn't look like anyone ever even used it, not a scratch or scuff anywhere, the LCD is perfect, it really looks as unused as it could look so clearly the prior owner was very careful with it. Even the plastic protector cap on the LCD is perfect. The charger looks brand new, and the battery still rates as new when I checked it in the battery menu.

I got it from Roberts Camera at what seemed like a better price than most for one in this pristine condition with relatively low shutter actuations, and their testing checklist was pretty thorough as well. It came well packaged and very quickly via UPS, and I had to sign for it as well, so I'm very pleased with Roberts camera so far. I never even knew about Roberts until about a week ago. I saw this camera pop up on eBay and they were listed as the seller, so I looked them up directly and this same camera was there on their used site but was $50 cheaper than eBay (I guess because they would not be paying eBay's seller fees!!). Their assessment of the camera's condition is spot on as far as I can tell.

Roberts also includes a 6 month warranty and 2-week no hassle return if that would be necessary. This is better than a lot of other outfits I looked at (usually 3 month warranty).

The camera needed a firmware update....it was on 1.02, but I just updated it to 1.04 and 1.03, so I'm guessing that was the last one.

So I'm a happy camper and the battery is now getting all charged up so I'll be testing out all my 1980s era Nikon AIS lenses with it pretty soon.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D700 Nikon D5600 +12 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow