Laptop monitor question - FHD vs. UHD

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nickelmedia Junior Member • Posts: 26
Laptop monitor question - FHD vs. UHD

I’m looking into getting a 2-in-1 laptop for photo editing and retouching while traveling or just sitting on the couch at home. I have a good desktop setup that will continue to be used for heavy lifting and extreme detail.

the laptop I’m considering (Lenovo Yoga 730) has the option of a 1080 monitor or 4K monitor. The price difference isn’t that great, so I’m thinking of opting for the 4K for better picture and detail, as well as possible light video editing. I do play a few games however, and am thinking that trying to play at 4K will be a major resource hog.

My question is, would a 1080 IPS screen at 15.6” be a significant downgrade from a 4K of the same type when using creative applications? If so, this is most important to me so I would opt for the higher resolution. I know this isn’t a gaming forum, but any idea if I play some games at 1080 resolution instead of 4K would result in a crappy experience? Would it be blurry?

I don’t know the best place to ask both of these questions so I’m starting here.

thanks!

nickelmedia's gear list:nickelmedia's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow