EM1X, Forest, June 16. 2019

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
OP Paul Auclair Veteran Member • Posts: 5,312
Re: EM1X, Forest, June 16. 2019

Jeepit wrote:

Excellent photos Paul! Could you please share what setting you were on? A, P, S, M.

Your ISO is different in many, and you f-stop seems to be consistent.

Starting to do birding more and more so learning from those who do it well is a plus.

Thank You...

Rick

Hi Rick.

Lately, especially when I'm in a forested environment, I'll often defer to AUTO ISO unless I am at one specific spot for a period of time shooting in one particular direction.

In the forest there are so many changes of light (add to that...when clouds roll in overhead) to be mindful of that I just got lazy and let the camera worry about it.

I'll be shooting at something on sunny area of a branch one second and in the deep shade of scrub brush or canopy the next. I'm often shooting against the sun and then with the sun the next second.

So, I shoot the 4/300 with 1.4X wide open and often use AUTO ISO. I use M mode and have AUTO ISO programmed up to ISO 3200 (maybe 6400 with the 1X...i can't remember).

For BIF I often use ISO 400 and (hope for) 1/3200....this is my best light (full on Sunny day).

We are looking forward to seeing your bird photos.

-- hide signature --

as always,
thank you fellow DPR members for your kind words and encouragement.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow