MFT related: APSC low light perf' significant enough in comparison to MFT?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MftHobbyist New Member • Posts: 20
MFT related: APSC low light perf' significant enough in comparison to MFT?

Hi folks,

Been dabbling back and fourth whether or not I should move to the APSC world or not.

I've been solely interested in landscape photography and the MFT GX85 along with the Laowa 7.5 and Olym 12-40 has been great for me. However, as of late I've been venturing with a small group of friends (Sony shooters) and I've been exploring night photography. I found a new interest and spectrum of photography that I initially didnt think I'd get into. Unfortunately, shooting anywhere above 3200 becomes noisy, 1600 I can work with but its difficult. I use light room and due to the lack of dynamic range, I often cannot do much to bring back information from the photos.

Initially I was considering a Sony Full frame but realize it probably was not a good idea. The lenses are too bulky and expensive and being a clumsy outdoors man it would not be ideal. So I thought about the APSC crop sensor.

I guess this is a question for MFT users who owns or has had extensive experience with APSC carmeras, do you feel the low light performance for APSC cameras has a huge advantage for low light photography? Would it be worth the switch and selling my current MFT gear?

For reference, I've been interested in the XT3, XH1, and a6500

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TRP
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow