Perspective (yet again, sorry!)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tex Veteran Member • Posts: 7,855
Well, here's my perspective.

Photographers, and for the most part amateurs (in both the good and bad senses) and enthusiasts, get very fixated on things like....this...and all the other things here at DPR that generate multiple threads that max out.

I have run into very few professional commercial photographers who are as obsessed about this sort of thing, excepting maybe some architectural  and niche (as in my own field of museum photography) photographers, and zero artist photographers who do.  And even then, it's not like it ever generates a bunch of discussion.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software.
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Pentax 645Z Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Ricoh Theta V Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
tko
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow