Sony FE 24-105 F/4 G OSS

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,619
Sony FE 24-105 F/4 G OSS

I am thinking of getting one of these lenses as reviews seem to be pretty good. I read a review that said  you need to stop down to F/5.6 to get the edges and corners sharp at the 105mm end, although Lens Rentals said the opposite and that the 105mm end sharpness doesn't tail off. And I listen to what Roger at Lens Rentals says!

I also recall seeing some posts about there being a fair bit of distortion if you have lens profile turned off but that doesn't bother me especially.

What has me wondering though is that the lens only really became available 'off the shelf' in the UK around nine months ago (I was watching all through 2018!) and looking on MPB which is the UK's biggest used equipment seller, they have 10 copies of this lens for sale, which seems an unusually high number for a lens of this type and age.

To compare there are 12 x copies of the Zeiss FE 24-70mm F/4 for sale and that's been out a lot longer and by all accounts isn't anywhere near as good. There are 5 x copies of the 24-70mm GM listed as another comparison.

Is there a reason for such a high sell rate over a relatively short period? Or is it coincidence and maybe MPB have a load of ex demo lenses from Sony or something?

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM Zeiss Batis 40mm F2 CF +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow