32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

Started Jun 17, 2019 | Discussions thread
ppage
ppage Senior Member • Posts: 2,079
Re: 32" or 34" 4K IPS Monitor

I appreciate the info. you've shared. I don't have much to contribute other than a few thoughts of my own on the matter. I have a 24" NEC PA241 that has served me well but I now need something much larger and have been very frustrated in my search.

One of the problems as you know is that no one has these better quality monitors on display so we're obliged to make a choice based on published specs and various reviews from sources that may or may not know what they're talking about, may or may not be be paid for writing a favourable review, or may be reviewing a monitor from the point of view of a gamer or video maker rather than that a landscape photographer for example.

My specs are similar to yours, but I want 10-bit colour depth so that eliminates the HPZ32 and I don't think I should have to settle for anything less than 100% sRGB. Many monitor manufacturers now seem to favour CDI-P3 which I gather is a better colour space for video.

BenQ monitors seem to have quality control issues, so I haven't ruled BenQ monitors out but I'm a bit nervous about them; perhaps without reason. The BenQ SW320 looked good on paper but I gather it's already been discontinued though it's not a very old monitor. There is a BenQ PD322OU listed at B&H which I think is a successor to the BenQ PD3200U but it's not available here in Canada (yet?)

I'm also looking at the Asus PA329Q and I haven't quite ruled out the Viewsonic VP3268-3 but I haven't found much information about that one.

I also have some concerns about trying to do noise removal when editing images at 100% on a monitor with the very small pixels found in 4K monitors.

I've actually decided to let the matter go for now and resume searching in the fall when more information should be available on newer monitors like the BenQ PD322OU. I've come to accept that I will have to spend more than I'd intended but I certainly can't afford an Eizo ColorEdge CD319X or something similar and I'm very disappointed that NEC seems to have lost interest in this segment of the market.

Best of luck in your search. I'll be following this thread with interest.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow