canon OR metabone for sony ?!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 10,121
Why not Mc11

arikl wrote:

Hello everyone

I have a dilemma:

I bought the Sony A6400 + Sony 18-105 F4 camera and I'm very pleased with the quality of the video and stills, especially the focus speed, which is why I bought the camera.

I have Canon lenses I want to use with the Sony camera.

My dilemma is whether to buy a METABONE adapter that costs at least $ 600

The Sigma MC11 is good too and often on sale for $150

And my hope is that I can shoot video

You "can" BUT if you want to take advantage of the Sony af system in video native is the way to go.

+ pictures and enjoy the camera's features about the fast focus and follow or buy at the same price Canon camera for example: M50 that I can actually use Canon lenses without adapters?

Technically the M50 uses an adapter BUT saying it works "better" is a mixed bag. That particular model doesn't support all the DPAF with adapted and drops DPAF in 4k

what do you think ?

It's a tough one. The 6400 works pretty well with "most" Canon lenses so you need to search the lenses you have. BUT if you want the best of the a6400 (especially in video) then native Sony lenses or buying something else

golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow